Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our Latest Adventures!!


Well, I hate to admit this but back in February Jake and I signed up to run the Kansas City 1/2 Marathon (with the hope of losing some pounds) and for some crazy reason we forgot to train for it!!!!! We are sad, but now looking back we are thinking it would have made more sense to expect us to be more disciplined with our training when we are not living out of the country and here there and everywhere! This most likely is just an excuse to make us feel better, but since we had already paid for it, we decided to atleast try to run the 5K! We are so glad we did! We had such a great time doing it together! It was a bit comical since we really weren't even able to run the entire time, but it was just so much fun to be downtown and chatting with each other along the way! It is amazing how many people show up for these events, it makes it so exciting! We are determined to keep up the tradition and try to do one together every year! And hopefully it will kick us in gear to really get working out so all the Grandmas and Grandpas and little kiddies don't pass us up next time!! Here are a few of the pictures......
Here we are at the Starting Line....Super Bright and Early!!
Jake in Action!! It was so fun, they had bands playing to pump you up along the way!
Here we are in front of the New Sprint Center, start of Mile 2!
What a Stud!!
Another fun thing the girls and I did recently was visit a cool little Dairy Farm with some of our super fun friends!! We got to taste test all of their yummy flavored milks, see how they bottle it, see baby cows, and see how they milk them! It was all very interesting! It was pretty funny though, it was just us and a whole elementary school class. The owner did part of the tour, he was a really cool guy, but the best part was while we were in checking out the baby cows he came up to us and said "You guys must really be bored today??!!" But honestly, we were thoroughly entertained! It is just fun to get out and switch up the scenery, ya know!!

Thank Goodness the tour was stroller friendly!!

Our next adventure is a bit of a re-run! I know we already posted about visiting the Louisburg Cider Mill, but we got the chance to head out there again with some friends so we couldn't resist more pumpkin pictures of the girls!!

Love this picture of Samantha's cheese! (left)


Our attempt at a group picture!

Baby Evie, Mason, Sadie, Samantha

Watching the yummy doughnuts being made!

Sadie, stopping to smell the flowers!

Samantha Dawn!

We had a great time, definetly worth 2 visits!

11 comments:

Melodie Starr* said...

How fun! Yea! I love new photos! the girls are growing up so fast! You and jake looked like you were having a blast at the 5K ("3 miles" --remind me to tell you the funny story ha!!) love you!! i love the pic that looks like sadie is afraid of the pumpkins again! :)

Jami said...

Hey I'm just as impressed with a 5K with no training as anything else. Good for you guys!!!

Holli and Billy said...

Yay! I was so excited to see you posted about the 5K! Good job you guys! I know I couldn't do that. Unfortunately I don't think I will ever be a runner...

Liz Adams said...

Nice Daisie! You didn't quite hit that marathon but a 5K is more than I could do. I ran for five minutes the other day and thought I was going to die!

Kristen said...

How funny I was just wondering about your marathon run today. We didn't talk about it on our last marathon phone conversation so I thought maybe you didn't do it. Good for you guys for even attemping!

The Mama said...

I'm impressed that you guys ran a
5K!! That's awesome! If only Chad and I could be motivated like that!

Colleen said...

I love your post! I wish you lived closer! I was laughing at your town of the Dairy Farm. It took me right back home!! :) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love that you guys ran together. Russ and I ran one "together" a few years ago and I was left in the dust. I guess it was a race so all's fair...

S&J Jones Family said...

Good job you guys! I'm impressed even with a 5K. Looks like you have been having tons of fun!

Val Moir said...

Way to do the 5K your guys, that is awesome!

Adrienne said...

Hey, a 5K is a 5K, and you rocked it. And that Louisburg mill has some SERIOUS donuts. And I'm so excited to read your blog. And that you're all officially "back" now in Kansas! I know you NEVER hear this, but your girls are REALLY REALLY cute. :)