Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ROAD TRIP!!

Just wanted to post some fun pictures from The Roadtrip we took this past weekend! We headed out to the coast to see the Absolutely Amazing Mont Saint Michel and we were lucky enough to be able to stop in the city of Arromanches to see the D-Day museum and walk along one of the Beaches in Normandy! To start off....driving in Paris, I am so glad it was Jake driving! He did a great job, it was a little scary at first, but that just made it more of an adventure!
THANK GOODNESS FOR GPS! It saved our road trip! That's forsure!


So, here are some pictures of Le Mont St. Michel:



The Abbey was built in the 11th Century. During the 17th Century was used as a prison.

The Monks returned to the Abby in 1874

They still hold church services here and we got to hear the big bells chiming, it was amazing!!
Of course, these days there are a few hotels and tourist shops on the island as well.





Here we are awaiting the tide to come in! The days we were there were "High Tide"! It was so crazy to walk in and see the water far away and then walk out and have it be right up to the walkway! Jake made us get to higher ground, I kept promising him I wouldn't let him drown!

This is the view we had from our Hotel Room! It was actually a lot better than it looks from these pictures! It was the perfect trip!!
In these pictures: Sam Left, Sadie Right
Sorry! I am having trouble getting any of the pictures from Normandy to post! I promise those pics are to come! It looks like I have given you plenty to look at for today anyway!

13 comments:

JC said...

That looks awesome! Glad you guys are enjoying your time in France.

Daryl and Ashley said...

I am so jealous! I love to travel! What a GREAT expierience though for your family!

WESTWOOD'S said...

Looks like so much fun. I am so jealous. The girls are so cute. I can't wait to see them.

Holli and Billy said...

Way fun! Thanks for not letting Jake drown... hahaha!

Melodie Starr* said...

hey sis... you are looking very cute! And of course the girls too! I am glad that you had a great weekend getaway... too bad we didnt get up to see that when we were there... i am sure eric will be sad to look at the cool pics on your post... oh well... NEXT trip, right?! You know... If jake has a say you might be there for another couple of years?!?! love you!

Kristen said...

SOOOOO PRETTY!!!!! I am glad you guys had fun last weekend! I can't wait to hear about it! I am sad we keep missing each other for IM! Hopefully we will be able to chat soon!

The Mama said...

Great pics Daisie! I don't think I will ever make it over to Europe so I love to see all the pictures I can!!

Carrie said...

Wow - so pretty! I am jelous! Looks like you guys had fun. Hooray for being brave and GPS. What did our parents do without it?

swampbaby said...

What fun adventures! Glad you are having a great time. It looks beautiful there. Miss you!

Liz Adams said...

I told you that you would love it there!!!!!!!!!111

Sarah Oman said...

I totally had a dream that you guys came home. Well, mayby someday it will come true.
The pictures look great! Silly Jake and the water!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Wow that is gorgeous!!! Tell Jake they don't usually have tsunamis in Western Europe... he is hilarious! Glad your having so much fun.

S&J Jones Family said...

Wow, that looks so awesome! I am so jealous. You guys all look so great, especially Sadie & Samantha...such cute little girls!