Friday, March 21, 2008

Be-Lated Birthday Post!!!


Finally!!!
The 1 Year Birthday Bash(es)!!!

We were way too sad to think of Jake not being here for the chicks 1 Year Old Birthday Party! So we had a little one before he left for Paris and then another on their actual Birthday, which embarrassingly was clear back on February 10th!! Sorry we are so belated, but better late than never, right?!

Presents!!

Birthday Girls!! Sam left, Sadie Right

Poor Samantha had pink eye!!

A Great Big Thank You to my cute Mom who made these adorable little cakes for the girls!

I don't think the girls quite knew what to do with the cake! Sadie is not looking real thrilled!!

Sadie's Cake Face!

Samantha's Cake Face!!

We are so glad we were able to party with Jake! As you can see, he is the life of the party!!

These are the pics from the party on their actual Birthday! Thanks to Jake's parent's, they made a delicious dinner! Now this time it was Sadie who wasn't feeling too hot! Poor Girls!

Sadie Left, Samantha Right

The girls along with their cute cousin Hailey, playing a little Birthday Ditty!!

Sam thoroughly enjoying the Birthday cake this time!!

Sadie, definitely NOT!

Me and My Girls!! Samantha left, Sadie Right

I cannot believe how fast this first year of their lives has gone by!! It has been so much fun! I cannot believe how much I love these girls!! It overwhelms me just thinking about it! I definitely feel like I have learned a lot, but have SO much more to learn about patience and mothering skills!!! I also have to say how wonderful it has been being in this parenting-ship with Jake, he is such a fun Daddy, and an amazing example to me of patience and fun lovingness!! (He will love that I am using words from my own vocabulary)! I have to say, it honestly has not been as hard as I thought it would be............. until now!! I will admit, it has gotten a little harder and more overwhelming from time to time!! But, I still love it!! And would not trade this wonderful experience for anything!! Thanks to all of you, who have helped us out so very very much!! I would not have made it through this first year without you!!!

17 comments:

JC said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing.

Holli and Billy said...

I love the pictures! I think we should all have 2 birthday parties! We miss you tons!

Carrie said...

Very cute! I am sad I have not been able to see them. Lane said they were very cute though. The one time I don't go up to Logan with him!!!! Tristan made an obvious comment about how he could not believe how much they looked alike. Lane said he never even realized what he said which made it even more funny! Keep the Paris updates coming!!!!!

Daryl and Ashley said...

Looks like you figured out where I get the cute blogs! The girls are adorable and I can't wait to see you!

Daryl and Ashley said...

Looks like you figured out where I get the cute blogs! The girls are adorable and I can't wait to see you!

WESTWOOD'S said...

Cute blog!! and even cuter girls. They are so cute and remind me so much of you and your family. Hope your having fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the chicks had tons of fun with presents and cake!! :) I can't believe that Caleb is next is the birthday department!!! I love the pics, you look so cute...as always!!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

So cute! I still can't believe they are 1! We miss you guys like crazy! Can't wait for June!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

man that cake looks good right now! Those are the cutest pictures. I cannot wait to see you and your cute family again, it feels like forever!

Adah said...

They are so cute and you look great! We miss you tuns!!

Sarah Oman said...

I have been craving cake today and those pictures looked awesome. It made me want some.
I already can't wait for you guys to get back to KC!
Live it up while you can.

Natalie said...

Yeah for birthday pictures!!! I'm so glad I got to see them!! I hope things are going well!!! We need to talk soon!! I'll email you!

Leslee said...

I love the new page! It's perfect!

S&J Jones Family said...

That is so cute, Samantha & Sadie are getting so big & so cute! I can't believe it.

Stacey, Allyn and Kaleb said...

I can't believe they are one year already! Where does the time go! It is good to keep in touch with you via your blog! Enjoy Paris!

Anonymous said...

soon time for p-ssy play girls