Sunday, December 16, 2007

BON VOYAGE!

SHOCKER!! Some of you may already know this, but Jake has been offered a position in Paris, France! For 6 Months! It is so exciting, but definetly unexpected!!

For about a month now we have been getting bits and pieces of information from the company, we are still awaiting the DEPARTURE DATE! (that sure would be nice to know!!!!) but things really have been coming together for us to feel like it is the right thing for us to do!
As of now, they are estimating he needing to be there Mid-January! Mostly it is based on how fast he can get his passport back and they are working on a special visa for him to use until his official Visa will be ready.

So, if the girls and I are in the country more than 90 days we would have to each have a visa that according to the lady helping us at Jake's Company, they would be VERY expensive!! That changed our plans quickly!

For now the plan is that the girls and I will actually be moving to UTAH to stay with family for the first 90 days, and then Jake will have to fly back to get his official Visa and the girls and I will be able to go back with Jake for the remaining 90 days! SO FUN! Other than the part where we are going to miss Jake like Crazy!! I feel like I am getting the best of both worlds! Of course, I would die to have the chance to spend 3 months in Utah, and we feel like it is a chance of a lifetime to live in Paris and have most of our expenses paid by his company!!

So.... any of you that have visited there or know anything about it, SEND ME YOUR THOUGHTS! I really haven't had a chance to research it much yet, so I would love to hear anything you know about it! And for those of you in Utah, get ready to hang out!! I am so thrilled for the chance to hang out with all of you!! And for you friends in Kansas,
We Miss You Already!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your luck! How fun Daisie! I think it would be so much fun to be able to spend some time there. 3 months should be the perfect amount of time for you. I went to Paris in 1998 for a few days. I thought it was beautiful and there are so many historical places to visit. The people there aren't as friendly to Americans as I would have liked. Most speak English, but will not speak English to you. Once I made an effort to use some French they were nicer though. It would be so great to see you. I don't live too far away from Melody, so we'll have to get together.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am writing in behalf of the beautiful nation of France. I hope you enjoy our fantastic cuisine and hairy armpits....oh wait, please do ignore that last part. We look forward to teaching your girls to laugh with a "aahhh hawww hawww" and providing frog leg baby food. If you need more information about our wonderful country, please watch re-runs of the Tour de France and Ratatouille. Ummm.....and enjoy our fries, toast,....kisses...um....gotta go.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Daisie! That is a chance of a life time! We need to get togther when you make your way back to UTAH! We will have to get together with Suz and Kim! You should talk to Suz about Paris, she will be jealous! Do you remember her story about the dog named Mogador???

Aimee Hardy said...

That is so great. Paris is AWESOME! There is always so much to see and do, and it's pretty easy to get around. And get ready for some great accordian music ;) What an adventure. And best of all, it will be great to have you in Utah for a while. I can't wait to hear details.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Are you going to pull off the total European and just not shave the whole 3 months you are there? JK we will miss you tons, but you will be back in no time with really cool pictures and stories (and souveniers... hehe JK)

Leslee said...

How exciting! I would LOVE to do something like that!!! Looks like we'll be getting together often in that 3 months in Utah!

La said...

OH MY! So fun! What will happen to your cute house though?? By the way, are you in Utah for New Years, cause we are!!

Stacey, Allyn and Kaleb said...

How amazing! Allyn and I were in Paris for ONE day back in September and did not have time for ANYTHING! I think you will be able to get a lot of sightseeing done when you go to join him! We'd love to see you and the cute twins when you are in Utah!

Hope all is well!
Stacey

rogersinkc said...

Daisie - email us! Mike served his mission in France and we have a bunch of books and information he brought back with him.